The project to provide information and promote sexual health choices for young people, was a 3-month project by CAME Women and Girls Development Organisation (CAWOGIDO) working in partnership with other local youth groups, health partners, they organised 1 workshop and 13 sensitization campaigns to promote sexual health choices for young people in the Green Broadway ward area and sexual exploitation.
Their aim was to increase and improve young people’s knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and practices of sexual health and sexual exploitation.
• 25 young people completed the training as Peer Educators
• A one day workshop on Sexual Health for young people was delivered at the Northolt library.
• Project Mentors and Peer Educators continue to be approached by the young people in their communities as they can assist them to understand the issues around sexual health and the negative influence of the internet and mobile phones.
• Project Mentors and Peer Educators have been well received by the young people who find it easier to speak to them about the subject than to their parents.
• Participants at all levels said that before the project they had never thought about sexual health being their responsibility in the community.
• The project enabled young people from the Greenford Broadway to have experience of sexual responsibility and access to pornography on the internet.
• The project has built up trust between the Project Mentors and Peer Educators and the Project Mentors and the project Partners making them more relaxed about sharing their experiences